'Rabbit R One' Artificial Intelligence Device Called 'Smartphone Killer' Can Replace Normal Phone?


'Rabbit R One' Artificial Intelligence Device Called 'Smartphone Killer' Can Replace Normal Phone?


In the past few days I have been using the latest artificial intelligence device 'Rabbit R One', which is said to replace the smart phone.

I wanted to see if this artificial intelligence digital assistant would one day be to me like my phone is, something I can't live without.

You can guess the thinking behind this invention. Millions of people are using artificial intelligence chatbots like ChatGPT and Cloud.

After the success of software, it seems that big businessmen in the technology world might now want to achieve the same success with hardware. They now want to introduce artificial intelligence 'tools' as different devices in this regard.

Microsoft is doing something similar with laptops and Apple is rumored to be doing something similar with the upcoming iPhone.

There are also those who want to introduce a whole new category of devices, an example of which is the R1.

The Rabbit Company says their trusted assistant can make everyday digital tasks a breeze.

You can keep R-One with you. This artificial intelligence assisted device can help you with your daily routine. During this, you can turn off your phone and return to the real world. You will see how it can be beneficial for you.

However, the problem is that two such devices have been introduced before but they failed to live up to the expectations of the people.

Take Human's AI for example.

Marquez Brownlee is an American YouTuber who reviews new equipment. He has 1.8 million followers on YouTube. He calls Human's AI pin the worst product he's reviewed to date.

The R1 is now available in the UK and European markets, but is it better than the AI ​​pin?

Before I tell you my verdict on this let's take a look at the device.

 

The Rabbit R One is a bright orange square device with a large screen that looks like it's in your hand from a distance.

You can ask him anything

First let's see what is good about it.

The Rabbit R One is a bright orange square device with a large screen that looks like it's in your hand from a distance.

It has a button, a scroll wheel, and a camera that you can rotate from front to back, and it makes a satisfying sound while doing so.

It costs £159 which is quite reasonable. The question becomes what you can do with it.

Basically right now you can ask him about things. Currently, its capabilities are quite limited.

You cannot use social media on it nor can it be used for messaging.

It cannot be used for shopping and online banking, nor can health apps be used on it.

Of course, you can use Spotify and Apple Music on it, but for that too, you'll need a bigger speaker because the built-in speaker isn't that loud.

You can also use 'midjourney' to create images through AI at times on it. That's all you can do.

Rabbit R One gave me accurate time and weather forecast. In addition, he also told me the correct route to my son's school, but I had to tell him where I was at that time. R. One was asked to translate some conversations from English to German, and he did it successfully.

When my colleague asked him for the best chess player in 2024, R-One provided a list of the top 20 players from 'chess.com'. In this case it fared better than the Amazon Echo because when asked about it, Alexa named Garry Kasparov, who retired from competitive chess in 2005.

When asked about some of the popular conspiracy theories, R-One remained indifferent. And when I asked him who would win the next UK general election, he took his answer from that day's 'YouGo' poll.

So we can say that R1 has expertise in collecting things from the internet but what about it, I can do that too.

 

Ability to recognize objects

R-One readily provided me with photos of the BBC Scotland building in Glasgow where I work, but when I inquired about a nearby coffee shop, his performance was disappointing.

The first time I asked, he asked for a moment and then hung up after 112 seconds of silence.

When I tried again, this time it responded with lightning speed and presented five options.

Two of these stores were about two and a half miles away, one was closed and one I couldn't find on Google.

The nearest coffee shop that R One reported was also 1.3 miles away, although there are several coffee shops around the building. Two international coffee chain stores are located within a few minutes walking distance.

R-One has the ability to describe his surroundings using his camera, although it is sometimes deceptive.

He told me that the vase in my room had yellow flowers when in fact it had white flowers. Similarly, R-One mistook a plate of papads for tortilla chips.

He described me as an 'old lady' when I turned the camera towards me, and when my son made an angry face he surprisingly called it a boy with a 'friendly face'. .

Its battery dropped by more than 20 percent during an hour of use.

In addition, all your activities are stored in an account on the cloud called the rabbit hole. However, you cannot access it using R1.

My rabbit hole is currently filled with random photos of me and my surroundings. It also has some equally random 'magic camera versions' of these images.

ROne is being accused of being essentially an 'Android app'. Android Authority journalist Mishal Rehman says that he has managed to install the technology used in R1 on a Google phone.

However, the company strongly denies this allegation.

He says that although there are some clones that can be installed on other devices, ROne's system is far superior.

Another allegation against the company behind Rabbit R One is that it is a erstwhile NFT company that rebranded itself without fulfilling the promises made to previous investors.

Commenting on the matter, the company says that more than 80 percent of its current employees have joined the company since it was rebranded.

The company added that the company's founder, Jesse Liu, is a passionate entrepreneur who has been "involved in a number of ventures throughout his career."

 

Ability to recognize objects

Is it really a 'smartphone killer'?

I had a lot of fun trying out the device, but it doesn't do anything I can't do with my phone or my eyes. And it's pretty slow from the top too.

Many people agree with me. He calls it a 'half-baked', hastily built device that, according to observers, 'fails at almost everything.'

The company also admits that it still needs more work.

Jesse Liu, founder of Rabbit, says that as a start-up, it's not about winning, it's about survival.

"In a way, I'm glad we're being looked at with skepticism because it forces us to always make a better and better product."

After the rave reviews the R1 received, don't assume that efforts to incorporate AI into hardware will slow down.

Benwood from CCS Insight keeps a close eye on the smartphone industry. He says more devices like the Rabbit R One are expected to hit the market in the next 18 months.

He believes that smartphones in the near future will surpass all such gimmicks as these smartphones will incorporate all the capabilities of these AI-powered products.

And I like this prediction.

My phone can not only do all the things the R1 is capable of, but much better.

If there's one thing I've learned from the so-called 'smartphone killer' device, it's to appreciate your phone more.

Post a Comment

0 Comments